Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Week One

This mind map was set up using http://www.bubbl.us/
This was a easy fun way to map out some of the information covered in week one. Dance is my major teaching area in high schools and i thought this would be a great tool to help students brainstorm dance styles, dance companies, famous dancers ect. Instead of writing it up on the board students can create their own mind map and stick it up at home or in the classroom. My favourite part about this site was it was easy to save this image to my desktop and then upload it to my blog. This was a relief as i have been having trouble doing this with other sites this could be due to my lack of knowledge with computers, however i am definatley learning everyday in this course slowly but surely.

The negative side to this tool was that it was way too time consuming considering the reason for brainstorming is to get down ideas as quick as you can. This tool seemed like a fun savvy idea at the time but i honestly think i would not use this in the classroom.
Click here - to view conversations on concept mapping.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina,
    I really thought the mind mapping was a time consuming tool to use as well but then I wonder how time consuming it is for the 21st Century learner. We have to keep in mind their abilities with technology these days, they are so capable. So I agree with you that mind mapping should be a quick and simple tool to use but now that I have spend the time in this course I have had to re think my original mind set and can comprehend better how this digital mind mapping tool could be used with ease.
    How do you feel about it now you are getting use to technology?
    thanks
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete